Monday, February 23, 2009

Rain, Rain Let it Rain.

Ahh rainy days, how I do love them so much and today was a great day since it rained all day long. Woke up in the morning on this lazy Sunday (all Sundays should be lazy days) and went to go see a new dentist at 12:30 P.M., unfortunately he was on his way to Penang for a Dental conference and will only be ready for me tomorrow morning (well I suppose this morning since it is already 1:30 A.M. Monday here.) So my wife and I had lunch near his office, we had roasted pork and chicken, very, very good. I had to order a second dish of the pork, I will be going back there again, sorry I do not know the name of the place, I’ll ask my wife later where we were at. Anyway, while eating it started to pour down hard and cooled the place off. Went back home and just sat around watching the rain, played with my electric guitars and searched the net. Finally put together our T.V. cabinet and listened to some classic rock. Malaysia is a beautiful place with all the greenery and mountains, but, it is a very hot and humid place and when it rains it is perfect. I actually wish it would rain at least 2-3 days a week and for the entire day, sort of like being in the North-West of the U.S.

Well that is my post for the day, boring, yes I know, as I said Sundays are meant to be lazy days.

5 comments:

  1. Today is not a good day in BC. We have rains and I am staying in door. Not much to do except watching DVD and waiting for my Hockey games starting in an hour. Go Vancouver Canuck go.
    I am going to be 50 this March and hope my family is planing something for me.
    If you ever go to Sungai Pertani check out Hong Kong Express boutique. That is the company I restructure last year. They have store in Penang,KL,Seremban,Kuantan,Mersing,Johore and BM. I was hired as a COO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will, I'll ask my wife to keep in eye out for it, she is very good at remembering things like that. Nice to see you are visiting this blog regularly, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I tried to check out your blog and Penangtalk.com regularly. I miss my home town Penang.Don't get me wrong about Vancouver,Canada. I love Canada except my family members are all in Penang.
    I have my own family members here.A boy and girl. Boy is 19 and still in college and daughter who is 26 and running one of my business.
    My wife is a Canadian (AHMORE).At present we are only working part time. When ever any of the business need us we will help. Good in way.
    The only reason I did not retire there is my family in Canada does not like the life styles in Malaysia.My wife have health issues and the son does not like the hygiene and internet connection.
    We have snow flakes today. Very odd for Vancouver. I guess the whole world weathers are changing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand what you mean, I too at times have problems with the hygiene and the internet is horrible, I am paying 4 times more than I do in the US (where I get 8 MB download) and I only get 2 MB here, but then I never really even have that fast. I am here because we have a lot of "very" good friends here, but I to miss my family in the US (my Mom, sister and nieces) but we do go back and fourth and are looking to buy a place there and travel between the two throughout the year.
    I miss cool weather, not cold, cold weather but cool weather yes very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This morning I took my van in for oil change. Wow after taxes it cost me $49.00 and change.After that I went to the immigrant services society of British Columbia getting information about volunteer opportunity for the Bhutanese refugees. About 150 of them are coming to Coquitlam, my community by March 18.
    I cook curry chicken yesterday and had it for lunch today. Wow it turns out pretty good lol.
    I love the hawkers food in Penang.When I am in Penang I stay in Tanjong Bunga. My sister have a three bed rooms condo. Love the view. Every moring I can see fishermen rushing out to the open sea to get their big catch.A site to see when you see them fighting with the waves during torrent rain.

    ReplyDelete