Friday, April 17, 2009

Police Decide They Will Combat Crime?

Here is something I found very Ironic in today’s Newspaper:

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Friday/National/2534018/Article/index_html

“Police have launched a major month-long operation in the city to tackle robberies and snatch thefts.”

So what does this mean, that after this month they will no longer crack down on snatch thieves? I know I may sound a bit arrogant but I am only writing about this because all too often I have read many times in the paper such articles: police will start a month long crack down on: drunk drivers, traffic violators, on tourist robberies’, etc. Should these not be the normal fair for all police around the world, shouldn’t they “ALWAYS” being conducting crack downs? Maybe this is “one” of the reasons crime is on such a rise in this country. What are the police doing then on other months when there is not a “crack down” on a specific crime?

They state in the article there will be more roadblocks with an additional 400 policemen on the job, so this tells me that there will be more inconvenience on the road by police setting up unnecessary roadblocks during congested times causing more delays like they have done in the past, this also tells me they are taking the easiest possible way out to stop the crime. This is similar to when you see the police cars at night cruising through your neighborhood with their lights flashing-all that does is make a would be robber run away and take cover since they are being forewarned the police are around. In other countries the police would even have their headlights turned off in the hopes of actually “catching” a thief “IN THE ACT of committing a crime-not warning them ahead of time.

Now I could be wrong, but I have (and still do) read newspapers from many countries on a daily basis I really cannot recall similar statements about the police. What I have seen are articles like “this month the police will focus on breaking up the notorious so and so gang” You know, a more specific action geared towards a specific group causing havoc.

No comments:

Post a Comment