Wednesday, January 28, 2009


Well today is the 3rd day of Chinese New Year, Gong Xi Fa Chai to everyone and remmber it is the year of the OX.


So far it had been a pretty good holiday, we had the reunion dinner the eve of CNY, my wife, her father and her niece were there.

We had steamboat near what is called old town in Ipoh, at a place called Momo Cafe & Steamboat (You can read about it here and see several good pictures of it). I really did eat way too much fried food since I am not really into steamboat much. I have tried it many times over the last 10 years in several places throughout Malaysia and always think of it as just "wet" food. I know a lot of people really love it and I am glad they do (I really wish I did) but it is just not my thing. However, there is a place at Sunway up near KL (Kuala Lumpur) that I did enjoy very much, it is a Thai restaurant. Buy Momo's is nice, it is outside and is clean, there food is fresh for the most part unlike a few places I have been to where the meat and poultry looks very old and not safe to eat. So the four of us were there and had a nice time eating until we could eat no more. Afterwards we walked over to Old Town Coffee sorry to say this particular one was not as nice as the one we normally go to in GreenTown, Ipoh.

Anyway, we been remodeling, this time it was our master bedroom and the guest room. Turned out very nice and very comfy, I'll post some pics of it later. I had planned on finishing this within one week and am glad to say that more or less we did finish it within the time alloted and before the actual start of CNY. Very tiring working nonstop for a few days with just 2-3 hours of sleep a night. Almost everything in both rooms (actually our entire home) is IKEA, they really need to photograph our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment